A Beginners Flutter App DevelopmentArticle By Bluelook Technology
As the popularity of mobile apps grows, new platforms for developing various types of apps have been introduced to the market. The days of developing native mobile apps are long gone. Hybrid platforms can now be used to develop mobile applications, making the process easier and more cost-effective. Ionic, React, Phonegap, Flutter, and other hybrid technologies have been introduced.
Flutter is on top of all of them in the current era for developing mobile applications. For your next mobile app development project, you can hire Flutter developers.
The Structured Topics are:
- 1. Introduction of Flutter
- 2. Why Is It Better Rather Than Other Hybrid Platforms?
- 3. How To Set Up Flutter?
- 4. Flutter IDE
- 5. DART
1. Introduction of Flutter
Flutter was created and released in May 2017 by Google as a free open-source mobile UI framework. Flutter is a Google created and released free open-source mobile UI framework.
The Flutter SDK is a collection of development tools for building mobile apps. It’s a tool for converting code to native code for mobile platforms like iOS and Android. In the Flutter framework, WIDGETS are reusable user interface elements. Those widgets can be customised to your specifications by our Flutter developers.
Flutter development is ideal for creating native mobile and web apps from a single code base. The app can be published on both the app and play stores, and the same code can be used for both. Flutter’s main advantage is that it allows a single developer to work on the code and that it is cross-platform compatible.
In case you want any Android and WEB app-related applications or information please visit our website Bluelook Technology Private Limited
2. Why Is It Better Rather Than Other Hybrid Platforms?
- When it comes to the user interface, Flutter-based apps have the same look and feel as native apps. On mobile screens, applications built with other hybrid platforms such as React / Ionic appear to be web pages.
- By using Flutter, you can easily access native controls like Bluetooth, WIFI, and any background service that you can only access with the native apps.
- We will see new updates to native Android app development because Flutter is a Google-developed technology.
- Hot reload is the most beneficial feature of Flutter using which developers can instantly view the changes applied to the code on emulators, simulators, and hardware without wasting time to re-run/rebuild the whole app again.
- As you can see, using Flutter has a lot of advantages. You’ve made the right decision by choosing Flutter for mobile app development.
To become a Flutter developer & create mobile applications using Flutter, you should know about the below components:
- Install Flutter
- Flutter Basics
- DART Basics
- Customized Widgets
- Layouts & Navigation to design the app
- API Calls & JSON Parsing
Let’s begin to get the knowledge step by step to create basic Flutter applications.
3. How To Set Up Flutter?
Flutter can be installed in a variety of ways on your computer. It also depends on the operating system you’re running on your computer. Flutter can be downloaded from the following link and installed according to your machine’s operating system: https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/install
If you have any problems or questions while installing, please leave a comment below or contact us. Our Flutter programmers will assist you in resolving them.
The DART package will be installed after you’ve completed the installation. DART does not need to be installed separately because Flutter will select the appropriate version for you when you install it.
4. Flutter IDE
The following IDEs are available for developing Flutter applications:
- Visual Studio:
This IDE was praised for its efficiency and ease of use when it came to flutter development. Because of its familiarity, the majority of web developers prefer this editor. Visual Studio Code includes a powerful plugin system as well as a slew of other features. You’ll need to install the Flutter plugin if you’re going to use Visual Studio.
- Android Studio:
It’s one of the best IDEs for both mobile and Flutter development. This editor should be your first choice if you’re a mobile app developer. It is one of Google’s best user interface frameworks for all developers. You can quickly create users for mobile, desktop, or the web with native apps.
- IntelliJ Idea Community / IntelliJ Idea Ultimate:
This IDE is rarely used to create flutter applications. You can use it to get started with Flutter development if you’re already familiar with it. Please see the following link for more information on how to set up an editor: https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/editor
After installing Flutter and the IDE, your machine is now ready to start coding for flutter apps. Learning DART, a programming language, is the next step. You’ll also need to download Xcode if you’re new to mobile app development.
Please see the official article for more information on how to get started programming with DART: https://dart.dev/guides/language/language-tou
We are also going to publish an article on DART programming concepts soon.
Create the first project of Flutter
- Select Create New Flutter Project in the IDE.
- As the project type, choose Flutter Application. Then press the Next button.
- Select Install SDK… if the text field is blank to ensure the Flutter SDK path specifies the SDK’s location.
- Enter a project name (for example, my app). Then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Wait for Android Studio to complete the SDK installation and project creation.
To create a project with different IDEs, please refer to the below link: https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/test-drive
The Flutter framework does an excellent job of providing a platform-agnostic foundation for mobile app development. By providing simplicity in the development process, high performance in the resulting mobile application, and a rich and relevant user interface for both Android and iOS platforms, the Flutter framework will undoubtedly enable a large number of new developers to develop high-performance and feature-rich mobile applications in the near future.
For More Information Please visit our website: Bluelook Technology Private Limited